Sunday, April 19, 2009

Round 3, Here We Come

Thursday we had our last group review before the final. Now it's really time to turn it up a notch and change gears from the group work and focus more on our individual work. These images begin to show a more refined version of my previous post. We have managed to filter and refine our concepts and establish an architectural language that can carry throughout the entire building as well as define the interior space.






I am working on the atrium of the studio arts building as I have mentioned before. Since this space houses much of the buildings vertical circulation as well as the main entrance everyone that comes threw the building will interact with this space. Since the atrium is more of an enclosed space between the two classroom wings not a key structural component of the building I want to focus my work on a design that embraces this fact.



Some of the components that need to be within the atrium are.

-vertical circulation
Stairs/elevators
-foot bridges from the studios to the classroom wing
-observation deck
-main crit. room

I have spent a great deal of time working with my group to develop a material language for the building and specific spaces that help to inform the students and visiters of their uses. I hope to continue to play off of this palette of materials and forms to create an atrium that maintains a similar design language as the exterior to truly empisize that the idea of being a break between these two buildings.

No comments: