Wednesday, April 22, 2009

inspiration hits 1st thing in the morning

As I woke up this morning the sun was shining in through my window, of course right on my face. It got on my nerves at first but then I realized how the leaves were blowing around in the wind and filling my room with all of these wonderful shadows. It immediately reminded me of my studio project and how light and movement have played such a key role in the overall design of the atrium so far. I have been struggling with ways to dramatically filter the light coming into this key area of the building. I'm not really sure yet how the maple tree outside my room and it's early morning choreography will help influence these design decisions but it sure got me excited about he whole day.

1 comment:

JESSICA ZUNIGA said...

man i wish i could wake up early in the morning and think of a concept like that. INSPIRATIONAL in deed.